Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm best on a deadline

If you're bored with life -- you don't get up every morning with a burning desire to do things -- you don't have enough goals. ~Lou Holtz

I've been a little preoccupied lately. Sometimes my work takes control of me -- mind, body, and soul. However, every few months or so, I reassess my priorities.

So in the spirit of setting goals for myself -- personal not professional -- here is what I've come up with.... (okay they are small and insignificant and even silly to some, but every little bit helps...wishing to save the world or end hunger just isn't feasible for one person to do.)

1. Make my bed every day. I just got new bedding made and my bed is luxurious and beautiful. Of course, it's not so beautiful with all of the handmade pillows thrown on my rocking chair.

2. Establish a monthly game night. Saturday night, my significant other and I played games with my sister and nephew. There was just the four of us, and we have the best time. I'm am competitive as hell, and game night turns me into a maniac. I love it!

3. Go to bed by 10 p.m. This is the hardest goal I will have to meet. I'm not a good sleeper, and I am a notorious night owl. However, when I go to bed early, the mornings don't seem as bad. It will also help me keep goal #1.

4. Write and read a little bit more. I read and write all day, every day. When I get home, my brain is like cottage cheese. I end up staring comatose-like at the television all night. I'm not thinking that is the best way to spend my time. Just a thought.

5. Do one thing for myself every week. I can go to the book store, get a manicure, buy a new outfit, whatever. But I have to do it once a week, every week.

Any other suggestions for my re-prioritizing?

No comments: