Thursday, June 19, 2008

Southern Reading Challenge

Stumbled onto a fantastic blog today -- Maggie Reads. Maggie is from Como -- not far from my native DeSoto County.

I have signed on to participate in the Southern Reading Challenge which shouldn't be too hard since I adore Southern authors of any kind. The challenge calls for participants to read three books.

My three are:

Between, Georgia by Joshilyn Jackson



One Mississippi by Mark Childress




Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier



I will review each one as I finish.

Happy reading!

1 comment:

maggie moran said...

Welcome to the challenge Amanda! Oh, I'm thrilled to meet another Mississippi Blogger! :)

I have a sense of place contest that closes Saturday in which a lucky winner will recieve an autographed Mudbound by Hillary Jordan. Since you are familiar with southern books, I bet you could come up with something quick! :D